Connect Desktop (MAC)
Connect Desktop app
Aside from C-Pen Keyboard functionality (scan text to cursor position), the Connect Desktop app also features Text Reader and Scan to File functions. Text can be set to be read out automatically or only when prompted to. It is possible to listen to full/multiple sentences and paragraphs or a single word. One time or repeatedly, as required. Scanned text can also be saved to text files and retrieved at a later point in time and re-listened to. A nice feature to support learning.
Download Connect Desktop app
After download, open the .dmg file. To install, drag the Connect Desktop icon onto the Application folder icon.
Enable C-PEN Keyboard
The keyboard feature allows you to scan your text into other apps than Connect Desktop. Apps like Word, TextEdit, Excel, etc.
To enable this,
- Go to System Preferences/Security & Privacy and click the Privacy tab.
- Select Accessibility in the left section. To the right is a section called “Allow the apps to control your computer” that probably is dimmed.
- Click on the padlock symbol in the lower right corner to open it. You will be prompted for your MAC password. Enter it and proceed.
- Now, select the Connect Desktop checkbox.
- Click the padlock again to lock it.
How does it work?
Check the video for a brief introduction to Connect Desktop app.