ReaderPen firmware upgrade
Step 1. Check serial number
The serial number is printed on the back side if the product. Check the range (first 9 digits) and click below to find out upgradability details.
Step 2. Check upgradeability
Click below on the section corresponding to your device’s serial number to find more details.
Serial number range 241541508 to 241541511
Sorry, your device is not possible to upgrade further.
Serial number range 241541601 to 241541604
Your ReaderPen is upgradable to firmware version 7.0.69.
Download and unzip Firmware 7.0.69 and proceed to Step 3.
On request your device can be factory upgraded to later firmware. For more details contact [email protected]
(new) Spanish scanning supported.
(new) Spanish speech supported.
Collins English-English dictionary (Collins English Dictionary 30th Anniversary Edition Tenth Edition).
(new) English-Spanish bidirectional dictionary (Diccionario Oxford Pocket para estudiantes de ingles 4th edition and Oxford Spanish Dictionary 4th edition).
Serial number range 241541611 and higher
Your ReaderPen is possible to upgrade to latest firmware version.
Download latest firmware file and unzip the two files below and proceed to Step 3.
Multilingual user interface: English, French, Spanish
Scan languages: English, French, and Spanish.
Text to Speech voices: British English, American English, French, Spanish.
Dictionaries: English-English (Collins), English-French (Oxford Academic & ELT, two-way), English-Spanish (Oxford Academic & ELT, two-way).
Improved TTS speed settings.
Word pause (option to insert an additional pause between words while reading).
Punctuation pause (option to insert an additional pause at punctuation marks while reading).
Read delay (option to set a delay after scanning, before reading starts).
Zoom in and listen to a single word.
Words highlighted when spoken.
Shortcut from Scan to File to look up a word in a dictionary.
Step 3. Upgrade
How to upgrade
– Make sure the reader Pen battery is charged to at least 50%.
– Connect the ReaderPen to your computer and select U-disk mode.
– Copy the two files extracted from the downloaded firmware file in Step 2 (sysdict.bin & updatesys_7.0.xx.bin) to the C610R drive (if there are two drives pick the large one).
– When copying is finished, eject the drive and disconnect it (unplug USB cable).
– On the ReaderPen, navigate to Settings/Software Upgrade and press OK button to select.
– Press yes and wait for the upgrade to finish. This may take up to 10 minutes.
For more details, watch the video guides above!