How to install C-PEN Core on MAC
- Download latest version of C-Pen Core: Knowledgebase\Downloads
- Once downloaded, click to open the downloaded file.
- Click Install C-Pen Core.app to start installation. If there’s a message about unidentified developer then check this.
- In the top left corner, click on the Apple symbol –> System Preferences. Under section Other, click on C-Pen Core settings. NOTE: C-Pen Core is a service, not an app. There is thus no app icon.
- Make sure that the Enable Input Method check box is selected/active.
- Click on keyboard settings icon in the top bar right corner.
- Click Show C-Pen Core. If the available option is Hide C-Pen Core then leave it as is.
- Now there´s a floating C-Pen icon on the desktop (left lower corner in the image below).
- Connecting the C-Pen makes the C icon turn blue.
How to make a clean reinstall of C-PEN Core
To make a clean re-install of C-PEN Core software, these steps are required:
- Uninstall C-Pen Core and C-PEN OCR Engine.
- Manually delete leftover files
- In folder Program Files (x86), delete C Technologies and C-Pen folders (if still present).
- In folder Users[user-name]AppDataRoaming, delete folders C Technologies and Virrata AB (if still present).
Note that AppData folder may be hidden. See Microsoft support about how to make it visible.