For in-depth information (external links):
The C-Pen ExamReader is a totally portable, pocket-sized device that reads text out aloud with a human-like digital voice.
The ExamReader has been approved by The Joint Council for Qualifications (JCQ)* for use in exams (UK). This means students who have reading difficulties such as dyslexia can independently take exams knowing that they can read and understand the questions. No special access arrangements required.
As well as promoting Independent Reading this pen is:
– ideal for hearing words & lines of text read aloud
– great for students with dyslexia, reading difficulties and English as a second language
– designed to allow students to be with their peers in the main exam hall
– support use with headphones plugged into the pens
– available in a class set of ten pens
– supporting American English, British English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Text to speech
Use C-Pen ExamReader to read printed text for you! C-Pen ExamReader features a high quality naturally speaking voices.
As an additional aid for visually impaired and severe dyslexics, ExamReader supports voice guided menu navigation.
C-Pen ExamReader uses a standard micro USB connector for charging, and a standard 3.5 mm connector for your favorite headphones
The C-Pen ExamReader is small, portable, and light making it easy to carry with you anywhere you like to read.
“The arrangement ‘Read Aloud’ would also include the use of an examination reading pen.
A permitted examination reading pen will not have a built-in dictionary or thesaurus, or a data storage facility.
An approved application for a computer reader would also allow the use of an examination reading pen.”
OCR & TTS
- British English (any firmware version)
- French, German, Italian, Spanish (firmware 7.1.52 and newer)
- American English (firmware 7.1.55 and newer)
- English (any firmware version)
- French, German, Italian, Spanish (firmware 7.1.66 and newer)
- Talking menu/audio user interface (firmware 7.1.64 and newer)
– Screen OLED 256*64
– Micro USB (charging)
– Earphone 3.5mm
– Battery 600mAh
– Scan Font Size Range 6.5 – 22 pt
– Multilingual user interface
– Multilingual talking menu
– Supported OCR/TTS language(s): American English, British English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
– Certifications CE RoHS FCC
– Size Dimensions: 135*33*19mm Weight: 50g
– C610 ExamReader
– Carry Case
– USB Cable
– Instruction Manual
From the knowledgebase
Category: User Guides