C-Pen Secure Reader 2
Assistive reader for workplaces!
Secure Reader 2 is a secure assistive reader for the workplace. It does not store sensitive content and it leaves no trace of user data. It’s secure & it’s private.
Secure and private assistance with Secure Reader 2.
Improvements and new features
- Semi graphical user interface for improved accessibility.
- More powerful CPU and more memory.
- Latest AI based embedded OCR technology.
- Faster speech for improved productivity. Still supporting lower pace reading with pauses and programmable delay.
- Audio Boost feature, making it easier to use in various environments.
- Improved accessibility of word definitions.
Everything is embedded and there is no need for smartphones, computers or internet!
Nothing is stored, and nothing is left behind!
Secure Reader 2 is designed specifically for use in data and privacy sensitive environment. In workplaces where content shared with employees may contain sensitive information and in e.g. health sector where information is subject to privacy.
What is Secure Reader 2?
Secure Reader 2, the successor to our successful Reader Pen Secure, is a convenient portable off-line assistive text reader for printed text. Scan text with this state-of-the-art device and have text read out to you aloud in real time. Everything, including the natural speaking voices, is embedded in this off-line device and there is no need for computer or internet connections. Secure Reader 2 is specifically designed for use in data and privacy sensitive environments. No unauthorised material scanned and listened to can be loaded onto Secure Reader 2.
Exciting Secure Reader 2 features
- Reads printed text out aloud in multiple languages.
- No wifi required.
- An off-line closed system with no opportunity to store any assistive content.
- Speaker and earphone jack.
- Rechargeable battery sufficient for a full day use.
AI based character recognition: Secure Reader 2 features an AI based character recognition - supporting more fonts and is less dependent on print quality.
Audio Boost: The Audio Boost feature provides a slightly higher volume which may come handy in noisy environments.
Increased reading speed: Still supporting slow, word by word reading, Secure Reader 2 also supports faster reading.
Graphical user interface: Secure Reader 2 uses app icons to make it easier for users with cognitive differences to navigate.
Featuring a 1.2GHz dual core CPU, the overall Secure Reader 2 performance is better than its predecessor's.
Easier to access definitions: Words often have multiple definitions. Secure Reader 2 processes the dictionary definitions and display these definitions one by one, making it easier to access each definition. Long-press UP/DOWN to step between definitions and press OK to listen to them one by one.