Yes it does.
It is possible to connect ReaderPen to almost any computer, phone or tablet supporting USB Host (in principle all computers) or USB OTG.
Check the video below for more information about functionality.
Your device is designed to perform well in a wide range of ambient temperatures, with 62° to 72° F (16° to 22° C) as the ideal comfort zone. It’s especially important to avoid exposing your device to ambient temperatures higher than 95° F (35° C), which can permanently damage battery capacity.
If you want to store your device long term (e.g. summer breaks), two key factors will affect the overall health of your battery: the environmental temperature and the percentage of charge on the battery when it’s powered down for storage. Therefore, we recommend the following:
• Do not fully charge or discharge the battery – charge to around 50%.
• Power down the device.
• Store in a cool moist-free environment less than 90° F (32° C).
• Top up charge to 50% every 3 months.
Do not run battery completely flat and do not leave product connected to charger when fully charged.
The below video contains multiple sections. Click the three stripes in the upper left corner for a list.
ReaderPen quick start guide (multilingual)
USB-C is a physical specification compatible with the earlier protocols used by the various C-PEN models.
A USB-C to USB-A adapter is however required.
ReaderPen firmware upgrade
The serial number is printed on the back side if the product. Check the range (first 9 digits) and click below to find out upgradability details.
Check HERE for version history.
Sorry, your device is not possible to upgrade further.
Your ReaderPen is upgradable to firmware version 7.0.69.
Download and unzip Firmware 7.0.69.
Your ReaderPen is possible to upgrade to firmware version 7.0.89.
Download and unzip Firmware 7.0.89.
Your ReaderPen is possible to upgrade to latest firmware version.
A 2-step upgrade is required.
– Make sure the ReaderPen battery is charged to at least 50%.
– Connect the ReaderPen to your computer and select U-disk mode.
– Upload any data you may have on the device to a computer. See THIS video.
– Go to Settings and make a factory reset (Reset to Default).
– Copy the two files extracted from the downloaded firmware file (sysdict.bin & updatesys_7.0.xx.bin) to the C610R drive.
– When copying is finished, eject the drive and disconnect it (unplug USB cable).
– On the ReaderPen, navigate to Settings/Software Upgrade and press OK button to select.
– Press yes and wait for the upgrade to finish. This may take up to 10 minutes.
For more details, watch the video guides above!
Can’t unlock Exam Lock?
When Exam Lock is activated, all functions except Text Reader are disabled. For more details about Exam Lock, check the video above.
To unlock ReaderPen, re-enter the PIN selected when locking.
If the PIN is lost, then
Now ReaderPen should work in normal unlocked mode again.
Can I buy and try?
Please locate your local reseller and inquire about return policy before buying.
The pen does not power up
Finally, please see Battery maintenance for information about battery care.